Saturday 22 June 2013

Chasing my tail

Phew, what a week! It's been one of those weeks where I've constantly been chasing my tail, trying to catch up with my self at work, at home, socially. But it has all started to come together now and hopefully should calm down.

We've been having a massive sort out at home. Some people have said this is a sign of nesting but anyone who knows my mum knows a 'good sort out' is a Scott family past time. Our front room has been upside down...


But yesterday evening we made a really good start on tidying away the chaos and hopefully today our new piece of furniture will arrive and we will be finished all together!

As inside the house as been such a mess I've been particularly enjoying the outside. I love blue flowers and every time I see this lobelia and 'baby blue eyes' at the front of our house they have been making me smile.


Fresh flowers inside the house are one of life's essential luxuries (like having nice perfume) and I picked up these Sweet Williams from a road side stall.


In between the madness I enjoyed a very lovely night of Pimms (well fruit cocktail for me..) and pavlova as part of the hen celebrations for my very special friend Steph. Steph is marrying our other lovely friend Jon in two weeks time, I'm just a little bit excited....


Today we have our friend Duane arriving to stay for a week or so. I can't wait to have a good catch up, spend time relaxing and eating nice food and of course enjoying the islands like we are on holiday. Having people to stay provides the perfect excuse for a bit of indulgence!

No comments:

Post a Comment