Saturday 11 January 2014

Looking back and looking forward


Well 2013 certainly turned into a momentous year. Of course the most significant event was the arrival of our little boy on October 1st. Our lives have changed forever and the last 3 months have been spent learning how to take care of this precious little person and I have loved every minute. However now things have settled down I'm looking forward 2014 and to being a more relaxed and confident parent, making sure Marcus has rich and varied experiences and is generally a happy little chap.


2013 also saw a big lifestyle change for me. I went from working an 8-5 office job, to running the bakery and working with my husband along side working a few hours a week at Churchtown Farm in a new flexible job role. It is fair to say I was quite apprehensive about the bakery. It was very exciting having a new challenge and getting the business up and running how we wanted but also pretty daunting! However the season was great and I learnt so much, especially about my wonderful husband.


This year I am looking forward to developing a few new recipes and changing some things in the shop but now I know what is in store I can enjoy this process much more. Compared to last year it feels like much less pressure.

Aside from these pretty big changes, I will also remember 2013 for the glorious weather. 



It was a truly amazing summer and there really was no better place to be than St. Martin's. We also enjoyed several wonderful visits from friends and family. I so appreciate the effort people went to to come and see us.






I did manage a few crafty makes last year but not as many as I'd have liked thanks to pregnancy induced exhaustion. So to make up for it this year I am aiming to-
  • Complete a crochet blanket
  • Make a patchwork throw
  • Learn to knit
I'll keep you posted as to how I get on!


No comments:

Post a Comment