Saturday 7 September 2013

September

September is here and I don't know whether it is because for the first time in a while we have had a lovely warm summer, but as the month has changed it has definitely felt like autumn is on the way. The first part of this week has still been sunny but there has been a breeze in the air, the type of breeze that requires blankets on the sofa and a cardigan when you leave the house. This is one of my favourite times of year.

We have had some spectacular sunsets, Barney and I wandered down to the beach after dinner to watch but unfortunately I didn't take a camera. I have borrowed this picture from my friend Zoe, it's not enhanced promise!


See, pretty special.

I also had a nice surprise when I looked at our veg patch this week. Our raspberry canes have grown in every direction possible but when I lifted a branch I found 8 ripe raspberries. As Barney said that is an 800% improvement on last year's yield!


We've had a couple of days of rain and, excuse the pun, I've been feeling a little under the weather. Thanks to my lovely husband I have had lots of time at home this week to relax and recover. I've been enjoying reading and drinking tea from my new favourite mug (thanks mum!) and Barney has been very good at making me hot water bottles to help ease my aches and pains.


Today I have woken up feeling much brighter and have written a to do list, I love lists. I have quite a few half finished projects including a pile of wood to make kitchen shelves...


and a barely started crochet blanket...


To name just a few!

Earlier this week this box arrived, it can mean only one thing- my mother-in-law is coming to stay!


As if having a very nice box of wine wasn't enough, Barney opened it to find these...


Some lovely bottles of 5.5% wine, thank you Jo- we can't wait to see you!

32 weeks

This photo was taken very late this week. I'm just relieved to only have 3 more weeks left at work!











No comments:

Post a Comment