Wednesday 23 April 2014

I heart Devon

Marcus and I made an impromptu trip to the mainland for the Easter weekend. We flew direct to Exeter on standby and had three wonderful days with my family. I wasn't the only one with this idea, lots of my friends were in Devon doing the same thing so I got to catch up with them as well, a real bonus.

There was lots of gentle strolling around town and along the seafront, stopping for either breakfast, lunch or tea and cake. Marcus absolutely loved the attention and was a complete star. He was fascinated everywhere we went. I was discussing with Dad child friendly days out but really Marcus was more than happy in Costa Coffee, people, machines, noises, windows, what more could you want!

It was lovely spending time with my family and friends. It is the first time in ages I have been back to Devon without Barney. Being out and about with the girls and stopping at the Summer Shop for an ice cream was like going back in time 10 years.

I love St. Martin's but a piece of my heart will always belong to Devon.






No comments:

Post a Comment